[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 23, Issue 5 (11-2018) ::
__Armaghane Danesh__ 2018, 23(5): 619-630 Back to browse issues page
Study of posture 's deformities 's Prevalence in overweight and obese elementary school girls in Yasuj
Kambiz Karimzadehshirazi Mr 1, Mahdis Hasani Ms2 , Majid Rahimifar Mr3
1- Yasuj University of Medical Sciences , karimzadehshirazi@yahoo.com
2- Farhangian University, pardis kowsar,Yasuj
3- Yasuj University of Medical Sciences
Abstract:   (180 Views)
Background: The students’ physical health and the proper formation of their musculoskeletal system is a basic requirement for children’s overall health. Most of the musculoskeletal chronic pain can be controlled and reduced by early childhood education and training. The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of postural deformities in overweight and obese girls in elementary schools of Yasuj
Methods: This cross-sectional study was carried out in the school year of 2017-2018 using multistage cluster sampling. At the first stage, 1215 students in grades four to six from six schools in Yasuj city were examined and finally, with following the inclusion criteria, 236 students were enrolled. The data were collected using a chessboard, Vernier caliper and the New York Test. The height and weight of the participants were measured to calculate the BMI according to WHO guidelines. BMI was categorized according to age and gender by using the CDC’s determination software of body mass index for individuals under the age of 18.
Results: The findings showed that 77% of participants had at least, one type of musculoskeletal abnormalities. The prevalence of overweight in the primary sample of 1215 students was 12.8% and obesity 6.6%, so the overall prevalence of overweight and obesity was 19.4%.
Conclusion: The high prevalence of musculoskeletal deformity among obese and overweight students represents a real treat to their health status, and emphasizes on the necessity of planning the preventive and controlling interventions as the priorities in the health programs.
Keywords: posture ’s deformities, overweight and obesity, elementary school girls
Full-Text [PDF 159 kb]   (6 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: Educational health
Received: 2018/06/19 | Accepted: 2018/11/3 | Published: 2018/11/3
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:


XML   Persian Abstract   Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

karimzadehshirazi K, hasani M, rahimifar M. Study of posture 's deformities 's Prevalence in overweight and obese elementary school girls in Yasuj. Armaghane danesh. 2018; 23 (5) :619-630
URL: http://armaghanj.yums.ac.ir/article-1-2227-en.html

Volume 23, Issue 5 (11-2018) Back to browse issues page
ارمغان دانش Armaghane danesh
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries by YEKTAWEB 3824